How do workers do this?

Like switching shifts for a job. Say one week you work day time hours, 8 am to 5 pm. Then you switch shifts from day shift to night shift. So you basically have to stay up a whole night. Then sometimes they have to switch back from night and day shift multiple times per week. Seems like that would drive some one insane?

1 Like

Yes but the world and humans are insane.

Sounds fucking retarded to me tbh.

My answer is I have no idea how they do it.

I’d never accept doing shift work like that. I am not a morning person, but even that is better than never having a consistent sleep pattern.

I do wish there were more nocturnal jobs though. How do people deal with going to work in the city first thing in the morning being stuck in an hour of traffic every day, and often another hour of traffic on the way back, 5 days a week in addition to their work? That’s just fucking insanity to me. I’ll stick to the “countryside” here.

Having a job is basically the opposite of contributing to society.

America is based on consumerism, it is litterally just consuming the worlds resources trying to to sell things that people don’t really need and products that are also cancer. For instance, they purposefully make phone tech flawed so that people will have to upgrade to the next phone year after year.

1 Like

Oh that’s an easy question to answer, I simply avoid all jobs like that to begin with.

I hate mornings as I’m not a morning person, I’m a real grouch to be around if I am forced to get up at that time. I’m a second and third shift kind of guy only.

I’m definitely a night owl and not an early bird or early riser.

1 Like

Im miserable most mornings and miserable most nights. Im more of a noon and evening person.

1 Like

Second shift guy you are then.

I dont like being called “guy”.

1 Like

Do you prefer being called sir then?

There’s lots of night jobs. I used to work nights a lot because no one else wanted to especially if they had a family. But I worked a lot of night shifts working at a shelter, a safe injection site and then in hospitals over night. It had pros and cons. Pros got paid to do my home work most nights because my patients usually slept through the night on my unit. Cons it was way too quiet like a creepy kind of quiet. Nights are usually a 12 hr shift and from 7:30pm-11-12 ish it’s busy doing night meds and assessments and snacks ect. After they go to bed do a drug count and stock count and charting then I just have to check on my patients while they sleep. Every 15 min but we rotate. So unless something happens or someone becomes unstable it’s a quiet night. I tried to be productive and do home work. I had a really annoying co worker though who watched the house of hills or whatever it was called literally all night. Safe injection was night work but that was actually pretty busy and a lot of work.

I worked a lot of shift work and multiple jobs . I worked days which can be 7:30am-7:30pm or 7:30am-3:30pm, evening shift from 3:30pm-11:30pm and nights 7:30pm-7:30am or 11:30pm-7:30am. Sometimes I did doubles and worked a day and evening or an evening and night making it 16hrs. The way the schedule usually rotates is you do 6 weeks days 3 weeks evening and 6 week nights. Though depending on the unit they may only have day/night. Not every hospital does evening shifts. You usually have a weekend off before you change shifts and you use that weekend to change your sleep pattern. So if I’m working a day shift and moving to an evening that’s not bad you sleep in the next day and then go to bed late and that’s pretty easy to do if you have the evening shift. Going from straight days to straight night is hard. You stay up as late as you can like the first night I’ll stay up till around 3am and then sleep in till past noon and then the next night stay up till 5-6am and then then next day is a night shift where I work till 7:30am and then as soon as I get home I’d sleep. I’m working a different role for a year on straight days and loving it.

sounds awful.

You do get used to it but I much prefer working days. The thing I didn’t like about working nights was that I had a hard time sleeping during the day. I had to buy black out curtains.

@DarthDva. How do I respond?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1JakODvYhA